Android : NFC (and Bluetooth) access

• Hello,
    I have tried the new Qt 5.1 beta for Android by running some examples, and doing a very simple interface with QML, and it's working fine. But I want actually access to the NFC features. I understood that is currently not available from Qt API directly, but maybe is there a way to achieve that using the JNI (Java Native Interface). There are few examples given with the Android NDK, anyway I didn't understand well how to adapt this in my Qt project.

So if somebody have some informations about the way to achieve that, they are welcome ;).

Also is anybody knowing if it is planned to add NFC and Bluetooth API in the release 5.1 or 5.2 of Qt ??

Thanks in advance.

• NFC and Bluetooth will not be in the Qt 5.1 release. I also don't know of anyone actively working on Android support.

• Thanks for reply, this is what I was afraid;).
    So I think the solution will be to use the JNI interface.

• no, NFC support is restricted to Symbian i think. JNI seems like the only way ahead for "app developers":http://www.techjini.com.

• Symbian? The only NFC backends currently in the unreleased libQtNfc (part of the qtconnectivity repository) are for Harmattan and Blackberry.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.