Dose Qt5 support for Embedded Linux System?what kind of Embedded system and what kind of chip

• I can't find any download for Qt5 Embedded System,but only Qt4.8.I want to know whether qt5 supports for Embedded Linux system?I saw Qt5 just supplies these version:

Qt 5.0.2 for Linux 32-bit (395 MB) (Info)
    Qt 5.0.2 for Linux 64-bit (394 MB) (Info)
    Qt 5.0.2 for Mac (404 MB) (Info)
    Qt 5.0.2 for Windows 32-bit (MinGW 4.7, 650 MB) (Info)
    Qt 5.0.2 for Windows 32-bit (VS 2010, 485 MB) (Info)
    Qt 5.0.2 for Windows 32-bit (VS 2010, OpenGL, 476 MB) (Info)
    Qt 5.0.2 for Windows 64-bit (VS 2012, 500 MB) (Info)

And another question is when qt5.1 and qt5.2 open source release?Do they supply some functions for developing android?

• Moderators

Qt 5.1. is now in Beta1 stage, it does support Android, iOS as tech previews. Apart from that the standard list is valid: Windows, Mac OS X, Linux/ Unix (X11, Wayland), BlackBerry, QNX.

As for the embedded stuff: yes, as long as you have a good graphics stack and C++98 compiler, Qt will work. There is no specific Embedded prebuild available because QWS was dropped in favour for Qt Platform Abstraction. So, Qt does not ship with a windowing system anymore, it expects the OS to provide one (or at least some display devices like directFB etc.).

• Hi, I only found this thread today but at least the Raspberry Pi and the Cubieboard support Qt5.

For Cubieboard, there's at least this thread on the subject:

http://www.cubieforums.com/index.php?topic=173.0

Other than that, there's also work being done with libhybris, a way to use android libraries on Linux - and Qt5 on top.

• Take a look at qtbase/mkspecs/devices ( https://qt.gitorious.org/qt/qtbase/source/060b853a2f1fc9eb6e91d004ad9162e84dc66fd3:mkspecs/devices )

Some of these might be out of date and may not work, but Raspberry Pi, i.MX6 (Sabre Lite), Beagleboard, Beaglebone Black are known to work at least.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.