Why this program doesn't work?

• Hi

This code runs with rgb colors but when i change it to cmyk , it doesn't work . why?

@ QImage image=QImage("/home/mohammad/1.jpg").scaled(ui->spinBox->value(),ui->spinBox_2->value());
    int i=0 ;int j =0;

for(j=0 ; j<image.width();j++)
    { for(i=0;i<image.height();i++)
        {
            QColor color=QColor::fromCmyk(image.pixel(i,j));

ui->plainTextEdit->appendPlainText(QString("cyan is : ") + QString::number(color.cyan())
                                       + QString("magenta is: ") + QString::number(color.magenta())
                                       + QString("yellow is:") + QString::number(color.yellow())
                                       + QString("black is") +QString::number(color.black()));

}
    }@

this is the error : no matching function for call to "QColor::fromCmyk(Qrgb);

• Moderators

Why would you expect that a method called "fromCymk" will accept a RGB value? Just looking at the name I would expect that method to require a CYMK value.

Try "fromRgb" to turn the Rgb value into a QColor.

• [quote author="Tobias Hunger" date="1367692122"]Why would you expect that a method called "fromCymk" will accept a RGB value? Just looking at the name I would expect that method to require a CYMK value.

Try "fromRgb" to turn the Rgb value into a QColor.[/quote]

cause I want to rich cmyk values of an image!
    Is it possible? how?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

You have to do a color space conversion from RGB to CMYK, QColor has functions for that

• I solved it by adding toCmyk() function after this line :

@QColor color=QColor::fromRgb(image.pixel(i,j)).toCmyk();@

and so changing fromCmyk to fromRgb

and the program is working , but i am not sure the returns value are true ?!

• Lifetime Qt Champion

What do you mean by true ?

• i would assume he meant true = correct (not true as a boolean value).

• Lifetime Qt Champion

I would in the first place but there is also the notion of "true color", that's why I asked

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.