Qt Creator 2.7: CMake kit not found

• Hello everybody!

I'm working with a project with CMake (2.8.10.2) and Qt 5.0.2 on Windows 8 Pro (x64) and VS 2012. I just installed the last SDK with Qt Creator 2.7. When I try to open my project, I have the following message:
    "Qt Creator has no kits that are suitable for CMake projects. Please configure a kit."

I configure it by putting the full path to cmake.exe. But when I click on Apply and Ok, there is no change in the configuration project window.

Is there some bug or did I make some mistakes?

Thanks,

Athius

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to DevNet,

Do you have kit in Options->Build&Run->Kits ?

• Yes, I did that and put to the Executable line: C:\Program Files (x86)\CMake 2.8\bin\cmake.exe

I also try to put between double quotes ("C:....") the path but there was no change.

Can it be a missing call to update() for the Executable line when the value is changed or when the button Apply(or Ok) is pressed?

Thank you!

• the same problem. has not solved.

But has a temp solution : first build creator project through cmake by version 2.6.2, then open it by version 2.7.

• Same problem. Have two kits configured, neither of them works; CMake version 2.8, MS Visual Studio express 2010, QT 5.0.2

• Moderators

Has somebody "filed a bug report":https://bugreports.qt-project.org/ about this yet?

• I have the same problem. OS is WIn7. In my case Visual Studio has been installed first, followed by QT5.0.2 including msvc2010_opengl and QTcreator 2.7.0. When I try to open my Cmake projects, The following error occurs:

QTCreator has no kits that are suitable for CMake projects. Please configure a kit.

I have to kits installed (one automatically, the other manually):
    Desktop QT 5.0.2 MSVC2010 32bit
    Desktop QT 5.0.2 MSVC2010 64bit

Both containing a valid path to cmake in the tool chain. I am quiet stuck and don't know how to continue from here since this problem seems to make it impossible to use qtcreator. Any pointers?

• Moderators

flaiver: The tool chain must be a compiler, not cmake or any other build system!

CMake should work with any valid kit... it will ignore most settings anyway:-) So are there any warnings/errors when hovering the kits in Tools>Options>Build & Run>Kits?

• As mentioned in my post before, the compiler is already (correct) listed. The problem comes from cmake.

I found a workaround - unfortunately it is kind of annoying. When you try to open the project, the

QTCreator has no kits that are suitable for CMake projects. Please configure a kit

pops up. Then you change in the cmake tab the executable to cmake-gui. Try to open it again - this times it works. Now you can change it back to cmake.exe - this time it works as well and everything is behaving like expected. Unfortunately you have to do it everytime you start qtcreator. Is a bug, isn't it?

• Hello!

Dunno if the theme is already out of date.

I have to use now QTCreator on windows plus MinGW.

After installation I had the same problem, thought the compiler was found in the Build & Runs -> Compilers and I indicated the path to the CMake exe file in Build & Runs -> CMake.

After some wondering around on the window Build & Runs -> Kits I saw that here in the Desktop (default) kis there was no compiler indicated. I wrote MinGW (x86 32bit in C:\MinGW\bin) for the Compiler field and everything worked.

• I had the same "bug", QTCreator 3.0 "has no kits that are suitable for CMake projects. Please configure a kit". I simply had to restart Qt Creator after filling in path to cmake executable! Reopening the cmake project wasn't sufficient.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.