[SOLVED]The program has unexpectedly finished ...exited with code -1073741511

• Hello everybody

I'm starting to use Qt Creator and I've followed the tutorial "Getting Started Programming with Qt Widgets":http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5.0/qtdoc/gettingstartedqt.html and I'm having this problem;

Starting C:\Malagon\QtProjs\Cards-build-Desktop_Qt_5_0_1_MinGW_32bit-Debug\debug\Cards.exe...
    The program has unexpectedly finished.
    C:\Malagon\QtProjs\Cards-build-Desktop_Qt_5_0_1_MinGW_32bit-Debug\debug\Cards.exe exited with code -1073741511

The code compiles without any problem or error but when I hit the "RUN" button I get the previously mentioned error. What's wrong? I did everything the tutorial says but I don't know what's happening.

Any Ideas?

• Probably you have problem on DLL loading.

You can Use "Dependency Walker":http://www.dependencywalker.com/ to discover you EXE dependency and verify if all libraries nedded are found in PATH.

Also check if you have multiple version of MinGW installed.

• [quote author="mcosta" date="1364491912"]Also check if you have multiple version of MinGW installed.

Thak you for answering.

Ahhh yes, I have multiple versions of MinGW intalled. I have one that I installed from MinGW site and the one Qt Creator installed. Do you think that's the problem?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

It might be, you could be using code compiled with one and dll compiled with the other and they won't go along.

• That was the problem the double MinGW installation, I uninstalled the MinGW that I had before installing Qt Creator and that solved the problem.

How do I mark this thread as solved?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Great !

Simply update the thread's title and add [solved] to it :)

• In case somebody is tearing out hair on this: I also found that the same error came up when my code has super-big array. Reducing the size of the array made the error go away.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.