I need to interface my microcontroller with pc(win 7) via USB port and control it with Qt GUI

• I am using Qt creator for creating a GUI application for my PC. i would be using USB cable to connect my board to PC. what i need to know is that how can i use Qt to create a GUI to control my PC mouse pointer with the data received from the RX and TX of the uC...

i did find a link... and truthfully the only link...

http://www.instructables.com/id/Control-your-arduino-from-your-PC-with-the-Qt-Gui/?ALLSTEPS

but even in this i have doubts cos it uses Qtextserialport... is this the same library that i have to use...?(for USB?)

i am a newbee... Please help me....

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Based on your title and an on your description, you're not very clear. What would you like to achieve ?

1. Control your board from the Qt application.
    2. Control your Qt application from the board.

In either case if your board has a RS232 link you want to use, QextSerialPort is one good choice, there is also now a QSerialPort for Qt 5.

Serial ports whether over DB9 or USB are still serial ports, so you don't have to worry about that. It will be a COM port.

Hope it helps

• what i am trying to achieve is...

First of all i am not going to use my board... cos my project is based on creating a product..
    so after programming the uC it will be in a different circuit board for a specific purpose...

and now this device will be connected via a USB cable...

so i understand the data is transferred via RX and TX to the D+ and D- of the USB cable....ri8??

pls correct me if i state a blunder...

so what happens is that according to the data that is transmitted from the uC i want to control the mouse pointer of my system..

the help that i need is :

1. Read data(also writing to uC could be useful later) from the USB port....in Qt creator application
    2. Control mouse movement and clicking within the system
    3. I want this application to run in the background listening to the com port and responding while doing so...

i hope i have made myself clear what needs to be done in my project...

please any help would be

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.