Compiling Qt everywhere libraries 4.8.3 stops at "floatmath auto-detection... ()"

• Hi

I am trying to compile the Qt everywhere libraries 4.8.3 for Embedded linux but am stuck in the configure with no error message or anything. I'm running ubuntu 12.10 and I have installed all the required libs from "here":http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/requirements-x11.html

During configure it's able to compile and link qmake, but simply stalls at "floatmath auto-detection... ()" and never gets any further.
    Has anyone seen this problem before?

Oh, and it reacts the same if I configure with no flags.

@$ ./configure -embedded arm -xplatform qws/linux-arm-g++ -qt-kbd-linuxinput -qt-mouse-tslib -continue -opensource -verbose -R /home/john/apps/tslib_arm/lib/

Determining system architecture... (Linux:3.5.0-18-generic:x86_64)
    64-bit AMD 80x86 (x86_64)
    'arm' is supported
    'x86_64' is supported
    System architecture: 'arm'
    Host architecture: 'x86_64'

You have not explicitly asked to use pkg-config and are cross-compiling.
    pkg-config will not be used to automatically query cflag/lib parameters for
    dependencies

Precompiled-headers support enabled.
    Symbol visibility control enabled.

This is the Qt for Embedded Linux Open Source Edition.

chmod: /host/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.3/src/corelib/global/qconfig.cpp: new rights are r-xr-xrwx, not r-xr-xr-x
    Creating qmake. Please wait...
    g++ -c -o option.o -pipe -m64 -DQMAKE_OPENSOURCE_EDITION -g -I. -Igenerators -Igenerators/unix -Igenerators/win32 -Igenerators/mac -Igenerators/symbian -Igenerators/integrity -I/host/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.3/include -I/host/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.3/include/QtCore -I/host/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.3/src/corelib/global -I/host/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.3/src/corelib/xml -I/host/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.3/tools/shared -DQT_NO_PCRE -DQT_BUILD_QMAKE -DQT_BOOTSTRAPPED -DQLIBRARYINFO_EPOCROOT -DQT_NO_TEXTCODEC -DQT_NO_UNICODETABLES -DQT_NO_COMPONENT -DQT_NO_STL -DQT_NO_COMPRESS -I/host/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.3/mkspecs/qws/linux-x86_64-g++ -DHAVE_QCONFIG_CPP -DQT_NO_THREAD -DQT_NO_QOBJECT -DQT_NO_GEOM_VARIANT -DQT_NO_DEPRECATED option.cpp
    g++ -o "/host/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.3/bin/qmake" project.o property.o main.o makefile.o unixmake2.o unixmake.o mingw_make.o option.o winmakefile.o projectgenerator.o meta.o makefiledeps.o metamakefile.o xmloutput.o pbuilder_pbx.o borland_bmake.o msvc_vcproj.o msvc_vcxproj.o msvc_nmake.o msvc_objectmodel.o msbuild_objectmodel.o symmake.o initprojectdeploy_symbian.o symmake_abld.o symmake_sbsv2.o symbiancommon.o registry.o epocroot.o gbuild.o qtextcodec.o qutfcodec.o qstring.o qtextstream.o qiodevice.o qmalloc.o qglobal.o qbytearray.o qbytearraymatcher.o qdatastream.o qbuffer.o qlist.o qfile.o qfilesystementry.o qfilesystemengine_unix.o qfilesystemengine.o qfilesystemiterator_unix.o qfsfileengine_unix.o qfsfileengine.o qfsfileengine_iterator.o qregexp.o qvector.o qbitarray.o qdir.o qdiriterator.o quuid.o qhash.o qfileinfo.o qdatetime.o qstringlist.o qabstractfileengine.o qtemporaryfile.o qmap.o qmetatype.o qsettings.o qsystemerror.o qlibraryinfo.o qvariant.o qvsnprintf.o qlocale.o qlocale_tools.o qlocale_unix.o qlinkedlist.o qnumeric.o qcryptographichash.o qxmlstream.o qxmlutils.o -Wl,-rpath,""/home/john/apps/tslib_arm/lib/""
    floatmath auto-detection... ()
    @

• Are you using the proper compiler? If you want to compile for ARM, you need a proper compiler, and compiler flags. Do you have the proper flags on the files under qws/linux-arm-g++ ?

• Yeah, Im using the arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi compiler and have edited the qws config. I have no idea why this doesn't work. I tried installing ubuntu through VMware on another computer and installed all the same libs, and it compiled fine.

What would be the reason for stalling at floatmath detection?

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.