Select full-screen resolution of Qt5 app without window manager

• When I run a Qt app build using Qt5 in a non-X Linux environment (in my case on a Raspberry Pi), how do I select which resolution the app runs at? If I do nothing, the app runs at full resolution, which is 1080p. But the app was developed for a lower resolution, and the layout gets messed up at such a high res.

How can I set it to something lower (800x600, in my case)?

Thanks in advance,

Jeroen

• Hi jeroen, have you had any feedback outside this board ? or maybe solved it yourself ?

regards
    Einar

• Hi einarmar,

I am no longer working on that project, and we never got around to fixing that. Thinking about it now, in the meantime I learned how to change the resolution for the Raspberry pi. If that is the platform you are working on, you can force a specific video-mode/resolution by adding the hdmi_group and hdmi_mode to the config.txt file on the SD card. I suspect that will make the Qt application switch to the lower resolution as well.

Jeroen

• Hi Jeroen, thank you for this reponse.
    I'm currently just working on getting Qt5 to run on an embedded i386 target.
    I have been using the examples that Qt5 provides and I managed to change the size of the window in the code.

regards
    Einar

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.