Qt Graphics Acceleration decision

• Hi All,

I have an embedded platform and am looking on some advice/pointers on the choice of direction for hardware acceleration of QT system.

Currently I have my QT/QWS based system running on top of a simple Linux Framebuffer device, /dev/fb. So this is pretty cooll.....
    However, now I would like to provide Graphics Hardware acceleration. The board I am using has some simple Bit Blitting, Colour filling hardware but currently provides no drivers to run them. I have full register APIs for the blitting and colour filling.

So my question is what is the best way to utilize this hardware?
    Would I be best off writing a customer driver to interface to the QPainterDevice/QScreen?
    Or should I implement a DirectFB driver and utilize the QT/DirectFB interface?
    Or are there any other APIs I should consider? OpenVG or OpenGL (Probably would need to fallback to mainly software functions so not ideal).

In an ideal world whichever drivers/apis I write it would be nice to be able to reuse them in an X11 based system. Clearly this rules out the Custom QPainterDevice/QScreen combination.

Any advice on which hardware abstraction people have used would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Richard

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.