EglFS plugin - undefined symbol: _Z19qt_qgl_paint_enginev

• Hello,

I (re)built Qt 5 from git, and I am wondering if the EglFS platform plugin is still functional. Maybe I did something wrong, but recently, I've been getting this warning:
    @
    Old plugin format found in lib /tmp/mnt/UserFS/qt/plugins/platforms/libqeglfs.so
    Qt plugin loader: Compatibility plugin '/tmp/mnt/UserFS/qt/plugins/platforms/lib
    qeglfs.so', need to load for accessing meta data.
    @

The hellogl_es2, textures, 2dpainting, and practically all other example applications crash quickly after they start, with the same :
    @
    Old plugin format found in lib /tmp/mnt/UserFS/qt/plugins/platforms/libqeglfs.so
    Qt plugin loader: Compatibility plugin '/tmp/mnt/UserFS/qt/plugins/platforms/lib
    qeglfs.so', need to load for accessing meta data.
    Opened display 0x1

Initialized display 1 4
    [...various application specific messages...]
    This plugin does not support propagateSizeHints()
    [...various application specific messages...]
    ./qtbase/opengl/textures/textures: symbol lookup error: /tmp/mnt/UserFS/qt/plugi
    ns/platforms/libqeglfs.so: undefined symbol: _Z19qt_qgl_paint_enginev
    @

Surprisingly, the paintedwindow and hellowindow don't crash, the hellowindow even has a moving Qt logo, although I do get a BAD_ACCESS eglError apparently...
    (Talkign about the OpenGL parts, not so much the window decorations or any normal Qt widgets, like buttons, sliders, etc... but I guess that's normal.)

Ay ideas what I might be doing wrong, or what this might be caused by? I am cross compiling like I've been doing for the past weeks, nothing has changed, really...

• Upon further investigation, it seems that qt_qgl_paint_engine() is defined in qgl_p.h as:
    @
    extern QPaintEngine* qt_qgl_paint_engine();
    @

and implemented in qgl.cpp as:
    @
    QPaintEngine* qt_qgl_paint_engine()
    {
    return qt_gl_2_engine()->engine();
    }
    @

Could I have a missing library? (but in that case, wouldn't the application complain before the undefined symbol error?)

edit: oops, sorry for the double posting, just saw the edit button, I'll edit future posts!

• I faced same issue

I solved it by adding Q_DECL_EXPORT
    @
    Q_DECL_EXPORT QPaintEngine* qt_qgl_paint_engine()
    {
    return qt_gl_2_engine()->engine();
    }
    @
    Looks like developer-build exports all symbols.

[edit] code wrapping added, koahnig

• Hi nari01,

Thank you for your suggestion, that's interesting.

It seems though, as if the recent EglFS-related patches fixed my problems with it. You might want to try and re-pull qtbase to see if it is fixed for you too.

Best regards,
    Pierre

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.