Virtual keyboard, not fullscreen

• Hello Qt developers,

When using QTextEdit on Symbian platform the virtual keyboard shows up fullscreen by default, is it possible to use the keyboard non-fullscreen, so that the user could see the real textedit (not the one from the keyboard)?

Strahlex

• Unfortunately no.
    It's managed by the operating system.

Take a look at this, maybe it'll help: "virtual keyboard":http://qt-apps.org/content/show.php/VirtualKeyboard?content=107388

Don't know how it'll look on mobile platform.

• Thank you, but what I searched for was a native solution, like in the messaging application.

• Hey Strahlex!
    I was just facing the same question and could not find anything but this thread on google.
    So sorry for reviving this old thread, but there is a solution and maybe it'll help someone who googles it just like me.
    Just set the ApplicationAttribute AA_S60DisablePartialScreenInputMode to false:

@QApplication::setAttribute(Qt::AA_S60DisablePartialScreenInputMode, false);@

...that's all. Took some grepping through the qt sources for me to find that out :/

Cheers!

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.