Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

Makefile cannot find libQtCore while libQt5Core exist

• Hello,
    I compiled Qt5 to use on a debian docker. I packaged the install folder and installed it in /usr/local/lib and i had that path to the ld path (so I have all the usual libQt5Core.so in the ld file, when I try that with g++ -lQt5Core it works and find the lib).

I have a CMake also for the project using Qt on the docker that find the Qt5 Components just fine, I also have a target_link_libaries set with the correct lib (including Qt) so my cmake works fine.
    After that though, when I try the make command, my project fails pretty quickly saying that ld couldn't find -lQtCore

I don't understand what I did wrong. Why cmake gives me a Makefile with -lQtCore when it should have been -lQt5Core ?

Thanks for your help

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

Are you sure cmake does not find your distribution Qt 4 libraries rather than your self built Qt 5 ?

How are you doing the find with cmake ?

• Hi, thank you,
    Sorry for the late reply, I had covid

I use a cmake with the likes of

find_package(Qt5 COMPONENTS Widgets REQUIRED)

with all the required components and then

target_link_libraries(application Qt5::Widgets)

And since it's in a docker run, I made sure (I hope) that there was no Qt4 install. I will double check just in case of some forgotten apt-get in the dockerfile.

• I fixed it, I had other CMakeFiles that were not updated and still had QtCore in the target_link_libraries.