Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

Error while building/deploying project qgroundcontrol (kit: Desktop Qt 5.14.2 MSVC2017 64bit) When executing step "Make"

• I'm trying to build a project which is clone from git hub it's giving error. I try to solve but it can't? please help me to figure it out from this error.

link /NOLOGO /DYNAMICBASE /NXCOMPAT /DEBUG /SUBSYSTEM:CONSOLE "/MANIFESTDEPENDENCY:type='win32' name='Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls' version='6.0.0.0' publicKeyToken='6595b64144ccf1df' language='*' processorArchitecture='*'" /VERSION:0.0 /MANIFEST:embed /OUT:staging\QGroundControl.exe @C:\Users\ROHANK~1\AppData\Local\Temp\QGroundControl.exe.8616.521078.jom

LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'QGCMapEngine.obj'
    jom: C:\Users\Rohan Katta\source\repos\mavlink\build-qgroundcontrol-Desktop_Qt_5_14_2_MSVC2017_64bit-Debug\Makefile [staging\QGroundControl.exe] Error 1104
    22:09:52: The process "C:\Qt\Tools\QtCreator\bin\jom.exe" exited with code 2.
    Error while building/deploying project qgroundcontrol (kit: Desktop Qt 5.14.2 MSVC2017 64bit)
    When executing step "Make"

Screenshot 2021-07-12 221654.jpg

Screenshot 2021-07-12 221824.jpg

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

Are you sure you cloned the repository properly ?

• I cloned repository from New project->Import project->git clone it is right?

• @SGaist I cloned repository from New project->Import project->git clone it is right?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

There are submodules to clone as well. You should check whether it was done.

• @SGaist That is solve but now new error is coming
    LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'obj\QGCMapEngine.obj'

• Lifetime Qt Champion

I would start with nuking the build folder to properly start from scratch.