Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

Qt Context Menu Text Edit Within QTreeWidgetItem

• I'm trying to figure out the best way to change the standard context menu of a text edit. For instance, I have a QTreeWidget and when I edit a QTreeItem I am able to change the text data of that QTreeItem. If I right click while editing that text a standard context menu pops up, how do I change this standard context menu of the text edit?

In general I can use,

connect( m_treeWgtItem, SIGNAL( customContextMenuRequested(const & QPoint) ), m_treeWidget, SLOT( OnContextMenu( const & QPoint) );

to set the context menu of the QTreeWidgetItem, but what signal do I use to set the menu of the text edit of said item?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

You can create your own subclass of the editor in order to reimplement contextMenuEvent.

• class ContextMenuDelegate : public QStyledItemDelegate {
    Q_OBJECT
    Q_DISABLE_COPY_MOVE(ContextMenuDelegate)
    public:
    using QStyledItemDelegate::QStyledItemDelegate;
    QWidget *createEditor(QWidget *parent, const QStyleOptionViewItem &option, const QModelIndex &index) const override{
    QWidget* result = QStyledItemDelegate::createEditor(parent,option,index);
    if(result){
    result->setContextMenuPolicy(Qt::CustomContextMenu);
    connect(result,&QWidget::customContextMenuRequested,this,&ContextMenuDelegate::customContextMenuRequested);
    }
    return result;
    }
    Q_SIGNALS:
    void customContextMenuRequested(const QPoint &pos);
    };

To use it:

contextDelegate = new ContextMenuDelegate(this);
    treeWidget->setItemDelegate(contextDelegate);
    connect(contextDelegate,&ContextMenuDelegate::customContextMenuRequested,this,&MyClass::onContextMenu);

You can create your own subclass of the editor

Valid but you would still need a delegate to create this subclass so might as well just subclass the delegate

• Lifetime Qt Champion

@VRonin said in Qt Context Menu Text Edit Within QTreeWidgetItem:

Valid but you would still need a delegate to create this subclass so might as well just subclass the delegate

Agreed, I was mainly thinking about keeping the customization together with the editor itself.

Your delegate is quite a good solution :-)