QtMobility and notifications

• Hi,

I have a question to the Qt Mobility team. Are there any plans for Qt Mobility API to provide support for notifications ? Notifications that "can be used to inform the user about an event or display some form of information without getting in the user's way" ? Right now this is platform dependent feature ( Maemo uses libnotify, on MeeGo Handset it is MNotification (?), on Symbian I have no idea yet :) etc. ).
    We are thinking about implementation of it but we don't want to duplicate the efforts...

Best Regards,
    Pawel Kurdybacha

• Hello Pawel,

This sounds like a UI element. Shouldn't this be a question for Qt proper?

Sincerely,
    John

• Yes, you are right that notification popup is the UI element - different on different platforms.
    Behind this UI elements should stay some notification back-end (daemon service or something) which receives notification requests from client applications and delivers them to system ui notifications widgets.
    I thought that some common API for this back-end for all platforms can be useful and allows the developers to write more portable applications.

BR,
    Pawel

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.