Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

TcpSocket stateChanged signal is not emit

• Hi.

I use Tcp in an application. (No special features.)
    That application is the client, and another application is the server.

I ran the application before running the server application.
    Then client application's socket was not emit [stateChanged].
    However, It was able to connect to the server and send/receive data.

If the server is up and running, [stateChanged] is emit.
    Why is this?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

@w-tkm I don't understand: if the server is not running how can your client connect and send/receive data?!

Also, what daes this mean: "I ran the application before running the server application.( after running the server application )"? Do you start client before or after server? Please explain clearly.

• @jsulm sorry I didn't explain myself better. I start client before server.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

@w-tkm Can you show your code?

• @jsulm

void CcuTcp::fnTcpClientSet(QString sTcpConnectIP, quint16 uiTcpConnectPort, QString sTcpBindIP)
    {

connect(m_pTcpSocket, SIGNAL(readyRead()), this, SLOT(fnTcpRecvData()));
        connect(m_pTcpSocket, &QAbstractSocket::stateChanged, this, &CcuTcp::fnTcpStateChanged );

m_pTcpSocket->setProxy(QNetworkProxy::NoProxy);
        m_pTcpSocket->bind( QHostAddress( sTcpBindIP ), QAbstractSocket::DefaultForPlatform);
        m_pTcpSocket->connectToHost( sTcpConnectIP, uiTcpConnectPort );
    }

void CcuTcp::fnTcpStateChanged()
    {
        switch ( m_pTcpSocket->state() ) {
        case QAbstractSocket::UnconnectedState:	emit fnSocketState(TCP_STATE_UNCONNECT);	break;
        case QAbstractSocket::ConnectingState:	emit fnSocketState(TCP_STATE_CONNECTING);	break;
        case QAbstractSocket::ConnectedState:	emit fnSocketState(TCP_STATE_CONNECTED);	break;
        case QAbstractSocket::ClosingState:		emit fnSocketState(TCP_STATE_CLOSING);		break;
        default: break;
        }
    }

[TCP_STATE_...] is Macro.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

@w-tkm said in TcpSocket stateChanged signal is not emit:

case QAbstractSocket::UnconnectedState: emit fnSocketState(TCP_STATE_UNCONNECT); break;
    case QAbstractSocket::ConnectingState: emit fnSocketState(TCP_STATE_CONNECTING); break;
    case QAbstractSocket::ConnectedState: emit fnSocketState(TCP_STATE_CONNECTED); break;
    case QAbstractSocket::ClosingState:

There are more states which you do not cover

• @jsulm Its status is not described because it is not particularly necessary.
    I try

qDebug() << m_pTcpSocket->state().

in fnTcpStateChanged().but, console don't show debug string