Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified

• Hi,

I have a really strange error, I'm trying to include a manifest.xml in my Windows App, but some some reason make can't find the file.

process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, mt -nologo -manifest C:/Users/pauls/sRadioWindows/manifest.xml -outputresource:C:/Users/pauls/build-sRadioWindows-Desktop_Qt_5_15_2_MinGW_64_bit-Release/sRadioWindows”.exe”, ...) failed.
    make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.
    mingw32-make[1]: *** [Makefile.Release:260: release/sRadioWindows.exe] Error 2

The file is 1000% in the right spot and spelt correctly, even pasting the path into explorer opens it straight away, I'm a little confused.

QMAKE_POST_LINK += mt -nologo -manifest $$PWD/manifest.xml -outputresource:$$OUT_PWD/$$TARGET”.exe” $$escape_expand(\n\t)

Tried the usual clean build but same issue every time.

Running on Qt5.15.2 on Windows 10

• Lifetime Qt Champion

@Allstar12345 said in make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified:

C:/Users/pauls/build-sRadioWindows-Desktop_Qt_5_15_2_MinGW_64_bit-Release/sRadioWindows”.exe”

I guess this is the path make complains about, as it contains non ASCII characters?
    How did you add the manifest file?

• @jsulm said in make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified:

@Allstar12345 said in make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified:

C:/Users/pauls/build-sRadioWindows-Desktop_Qt_5_15_2_MinGW_64_bit-Release/sRadioWindows”.exe”

I guess this is the path make complains about, as it contains non ASCII characters?
    How did you add the manifest file?

Hi,
    It was just created through notepad, one thing I did forget to mention was I did comment out the -outputresource part initially because those characters raised my suspicions too.

QMAKE_POST_LINK += mt -nologo -manifest $$PWD/manifest.xml

But still the same

process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, mt -nologo -manifest C:/Users/pauls/sRadioWindows/manifest.xml, ...) failed.
    make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.