Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

QT crashes when opening .UI file

• Hello everyone, I'm using QTCreator 5.15.0 (open source) with these settings: my settings
    Everything works fine, I can open header files and more, but I cannot open .UI files under the forms category, no matter how hard I try. I've already tried reinstalling, but it did nothing to fix the issue. So, I open the .UI file, the program takes some time to load and closes without a warning. I've tried making new projects, using old ones, but those project's UI files don't work either. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated, thank you. (Oh, and FYI I've been using widgets, but my latest project uses a mainwindow instead, and I suspect that it might be at fault(?))

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

At this time there's no such release of Qt Creator, the latest being 4.14.

Please check the version again.
    Also, how did you install it ?
    On which OS ?

• Hello, my OS is Windows 10 (recently updated) and I installed QT from the qt.io website through the open-source tab. And yes, I'm sorry, it is 4.14, you're correct.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Also try to open the ui file with Qt designer (designer.exe in the Qt bin folder). Did you modify the ui file with an editor other than the designer?

• @Christian-Ehrlicher For some reason, I cannot find the designer.exe file in my bin. Could it be that antivirus has deleted it?

• This post is deleted!

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Did you check the Qt Creator folder or the Qt folder globally ?

• Good evening/morning, posting a week later because I was overworked. I have finally fixed the issue and happy to announce that a solution has been found. Apparently, QT designer was opening a gradient file in C:\users\home\ .designer that caused it to crash. I deleted the gradient file and everything's back to normal. Thank you everyone for your suggestions.