Strange error, when use debug mode it's trying to link dlls from release, when in release - from debug

• Hello!

Have a very strange error, when running camera example in qtcreator.

When I use debug mode I get this error:

Running C:\Qt\QtMobility\1.1.0-beta2\examples\camera\debug\camera.exe...
    QMediaPluginLoader: Failed to load plugin: "C:/Qt/4.7.0/qt/plugins/mediaservice/dsengine.dll" "The plugin 'C:/Qt/4.7.0/qt/plugins/mediaservice/dsengine.dll' uses incompatible Qt library. Expected build key "Windows mingw debug full-config", got "Windows mingw release full-config""

When I use release mode I get opposite error:

Running C:\Qt\QtMobility\1.1.0-beta2\examples\camera\release\camera.exe...
    QMediaPluginLoader: Failed to load plugin: "C:/Qt/4.7.0/qt/plugins/mediaservice/dsengined.dll" "The plugin 'C:/Qt/4.7.0/qt/plugins/mediaservice/dsengined.dll' uses incompatible Qt library. Expected build key "Windows mingw release full-config", got "Windows mingw debug full-config""

I tried several tests, first tried to delete debug files from plugins/mediaservice when used release, and release dlls when used debug - no luck. Tried to rename dsengined to dsengine, and dsengine to dsengined. No luck. The same happens with other plugins - for audio for example - in release mode it's trying to link debug dll etc.

Please help me what I need to do to avoid this wrong linking?

I have Qt 4.7.0 and Qt Mobility 1.1.0-beta2.

Platform Windows Vista.

Thanks.

Dmitry

• Also found that this is happened with all qtmobility examples. What can be wrong? Please help.

• Same here. I compiled Qt Mobility 1.1.0-beta2 on Qt 4.7.0 using mingw:

• set path to Qt
    • set path to perl
    • set path to mingw

@configure -release
    mingw32-make
    mingw32-make install

configure -debug
    mingw32-make
    mingw32-make install@

it is possible to see some libs with the trailing "d", so I imagine debug and release versions are available. However, when compiling my application, I had the same error described here.

In my project file, I used:

@win32 {
    INCLUDEPATH += C:\QtMobility\include
    LIBS += -LC:\QtMobility\lib
    }
    @

The error is:

QMediaPluginLoader: Failed to load plugin: "C:/QtMobility/plugins/mediaservice/dsengine.dll" "The plugin 'C:/QtMobility/plugins/mediaservice/dsengine.dll' uses incompatible Qt library. Expected build key "Windows mingw debug full-config", got "Windows mingw release full-config""
    QMediaPluginLoader: Failed to load plugin: "C:/QtMobility/plugins/mediaservice/qtmedia_audioengine.dll" "The plugin 'C:/QtMobility/plugins/mediaservice/qtmedia_audioengine.dll' uses incompatible Qt library. Expected build key "Windows mingw debug full-config", got "Windows mingw release full-config""

• Are you sure it's not trying to load all the plugins in that directory and just printing a warning for the ones that didn't load? Can you still use the examples ok?

• Yes, guys still dunno how to fix this issue. Maybe someone can help. Looks like qtmobility is very very unstable thing. :-(

• For my environment, I just use manually compiled Qt Mobility against the system Qt, and linking it to the application just by adding -lfoo -Lpath ...

@set(CMAKE_MODULE_PATH ${CMAKE_MODULE_PATH} "${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/cmake/Modules/")
    find_package(QtMobility REQUIRED)@

@
    set(QT_MOBILITY_MODULES QtBearer QtContacts QtLocation QtMedia
    QtPublishSubscribe QtSensors QtServiceFramework
    QtSystemInfo QtVersit
    )

#find_path(MOBILITY_INCLUDE_DIR

PATHS

~/Library/Frameworks

/Library/Frameworks

/

/usr/include

/usr/local/include

#)

INCLUDE(FindPackageHandleStandardArgs)
    foreach(MOBILITY_MODULE ${QT_MOBILITY_MODULES})
    string(TOUPPER ${MOBILITY_MODULE} _upper_mobi_module)
    find_library(${_upper_mobi_module}_LIBRARY
    NAMES ${MOBILITY_MODULE}
    )
    MARK_AS_ADVANCED(${_upper_mobi_module}_LIBRARY)
    FIND_PACKAGE_HANDLE_STANDARD_ARGS(QtMobility DEFAULT_MSG ${_upper_mobi_module}_LIBRARY)
    endforeach()

#FIND_PACKAGE_HANDLE_STANDARD_ARGS(QtMobility DEFAULT_MSG MOBILITY_INCLUDE_DIR)
    #MARK_AS_ADVANCED(MOBILITY_INCLUDE_DIR)
    @

Your Qt paths are most likely wrong. I suggest using CMake and letting it to handle Qt paths for you if you can’t do it by hand with qmake.

• I also meet such problems in desktop on windows 7 x64 , I downloaded the qt components , and try to build the plugins with qmake , mingw32-make , while I run the examples , it said
    plugin cannot be loaded for module "C:.bruce.qt.qml.qtcomponent.desktop.components": The plugin 'C:/bruce/qt/qml/qtcomponent/desktop/components/plugin/styleplugin.dll' uses incompatible Qt library. Expected build key "Windows mingw release full-config", got "Windows mingw debug full-config"

and even if I build the plugins with mingw32-make -f Makefile.Release , it still has the same error ,do you guys have similiar problems and anyone know how to solve this , maybe I need to configure qt source code in release mode , I think the plugins should not be so difficult to use .

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.