QML PropertyChanges: Cannot assign to non-existent property "???????" in ARM embedded.

• Hi,

I build the Qt embedded 4.7.4 for my ARM embedded board. And I test QML script and everything works fine except "PropertyChanges". Here is the example from the reference document in "QML PropertyChanges Element".

@
    import QtQuick 1.0

Item {
    id: container
    width: 300; height: 300

Rectangle {
         id: rect
         width: 100; height: 100
         color: "red"

MouseArea {
            id: mouseArea
            anchors.fill: parent
         }

states: State {
            name: "resized"; when: mouseArea.pressed
            PropertyChanges { target: rect; color: "blue"; height: container.height }
         }
     }

}
    @

This sample works fine in my Linux notebook.
    But the error message "PropertyChanges: Cannot assign to non-existent property "???????" will output to console if run in my ARM board. I wander is there any language coding in QML and so the error message show "???????" not property "color". Or there are some parameter miss when I build the Qt embedded for my ARM board.

Thanks for help.

• Moderators

Not entirely on topic, but you may find it hard to get on with people on this forum, if you don't format your code snippets appropriately. You should use "@" tags, and there is no need for "< br >" statements. The code you provided is very hard to read in it's current state - please fix.

• Moderators

As for the problem itself, the code is the same as in the documentation, so we won't learn much from that - it is correct, and should work fine.

I would suspect either build problems, or issues with QML-C++ bridge (I am having such problems now on Android, where code works fine on GNU/Linux, but does not see bridged C++ methods and variables). Does the example get displayed correctly?

• Yes. The example get displayed correctly. Only I press mouse and get the error message. How do I know is the build problem or QML-C++ bridge issue? And any suggestion to solve it.

Thanks,

• Moderators

If this is the example you're trying to run, then bridging is definitely not a problem (the case with me is that QML does not see C++ objects registered as rootContextObject).

Have you tried using different colour notation, like "#ff0000" for red? Not very likely to be the cause, but worth trying.

• Moderators

Well, I have to blame myself now... the QML-C++ connection works fine in Necessitas, it was my error that caused it not to work.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.