Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

Adding a shortcut to QAction inside QGraphicsScene context menu

• My QGraphicsScene subclass WorkspaceScene contains a variable for each action that it later uses inside the context menu. I have a function that sets up the actions and adds the shortcuts (which is called in the constructor of the class), and then I have a function that creates the context menu, which is called in the contextMenuEvent function I reimplemented.

Here's some relevant code:

// Constructor
    WorkspaceScene::WorkspaceScene()
    {
        _setUpActions();
    }

// ContextMenuEvent
    void WorkspaceScene::contextMenuEvent(QGraphicsSceneContextMenuEvent *event)
    {
        _setUpItemMenu();
        _itemContextMenu.exec(event->screenPos());
    }

void WorkspaceScene::_setUpActions()
    {
        deleteAction = new QAction("Delete");
        deleteAction->setShortcut(QKeySequence::Delete); // This should add the shortcut
        connect(deleteAction, &QAction::triggered, this, &WorkspaceScene::deleteItemSlot);
    }

void WorkspaceScene::_setUpItemMenu()
    {
        _itemContextMenu.clear();
        _itemContextMenu.addAction(deleteAction);
    }

This successfully sets up the actions and they work inside the context menu but the shortcut doesn't seem to work. What's the correct way of doing this?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

In that case you need to also add the action to the widget.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

Do you mean you want the action to be triggered by the delete key when the menu is opened ? Or also the rest of the time ?

• This post is deleted!

• @SGaist I'd like the action to be triggerred at any point (even if the menu is not opened)

• Lifetime Qt Champion

In that case you need to also add the action to the widget.

• @SGaist That made it work. Thanks!