Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

Hide console with QApplication

• Hello all! I still have the following question because haven't yet found any solution anywhere. I have QML application with QApplication (cause I use ChartView) after running deployed application console is opened and the GUI is started. So is it possible to hide this console? Currently I work with Windows, so my question about this OP.

Thank you in advance!

• @sierdzio So only adding TEMPLATE = app gave me no luck, but I have found the root of the problem: QT += testlib gives me console at startup. Moreover, TEMPLATE = app is excess, just removing testlib hides the console.

• Moderators

Do you have this in your .pro file?

TEMPLATE = app

Does console show only when you run it from Qt Creator, or also when run independently?

• Moderators

@St-Stanislav
    also, do you have this in your pro file ?
    CONFIG += console

it will cause a console to open (even if your target a GUI one)

• @sierdzio I found that I have no TEMPLATE definition at all, so I'm going to check it. And console shows exactly when run independently. From QtCreator all messages (e.g. qDebug() << "";) go to QtCreator's console

@J-Hilk Nope, no console tag is defined there, my config is

lex yacc debug exceptions depend_includepath testcase_targets import_plugins import_qpa_plugin windows file_copies qmake_use qt warn_on release link_prl flat debug_and_release debug_and_release_target precompile_header autogen_precompile_source embed_manifest_dll embed_manifest_exe shared shared release no_plugin_manifest win32 msvc copy_dir_files qtc_run c++11 qtquickcompiler qtc_run c++11

• @sierdzio So only adding TEMPLATE = app gave me no luck, but I have found the root of the problem: QT += testlib gives me console at startup. Moreover, TEMPLATE = app is excess, just removing testlib hides the console.