Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

How do you make an original keyboard ?

• Hello.

I would like to make an original keyboard like:キャプチャ.PNG

I would like to make original allocated buttons including an original layout.

I have already made an original button file which have an original layout.

When I searched on the net, I thought I could make that using "Virtual Keyboard".

But I do not know whether I can make that because I am a beginner about Virtual Keyboard.

Is it possible to make using "Virtual Keyboard" ? If it is possible , could you tell me how to make that ?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

@morita said in How do you make an original keyboard ?:

Virtual Keyboard

This is QML only as far as I know.
    What do you mean by "original" keyboard and "original" layout?
    What is "original button file"?
    It is really not clear what you actually did.

• @jsulm said in How do you make an original keyboard ?:

original

Thank you for reply. I mean I would like to customize a keyboard like the image.

Now I searched "inputPanel". But I guess I cannot customize a keyboard using "inputPanel".

Because "inputPanel" is an element of default keyboard that Qt company provides.

• using virtual keybord or make a user defined keybord.

1: get the class name of component
    2: if the class name of component equal what's your want to input, popup the keyboard.
    3: send keycode, the component which is focused can get the keyval

noname.png

• Thank you for reply. I would like to use the "virtual keyboard" because I want to use Japanese..
    And I would like to customize button allocation and button layout.
    I have already done button layout file .

Do you think it possible to use the "KeyboardStyle" and achieve my goal ?
    My goals are :

1. to make layout I want to make like the picture.
    2. to make button allocation I want to make.
    3. to use Japanese on keyboard.

Now I am trying to use "KeyboardStyle". But I have problem about :

qrc:/QtQuick/VirtualKeyboard/content/components/BaseKey.qml:193: ReferenceError: keyboard is not defined
    qrc:/QtQuick/VirtualKeyboard/content/components/Key.qml:46: ReferenceError: keyboard is not defined

I am stuck in above the problem. Maybe I need to make some enviroment configuration...

• @morita U should select virtual keyboard when u install Qt. (or do not skip virtual keyboard when crosscompile Qt source code in ARM platform)

• Thank you . Anyway selecting virtual keyboard , I try to use that