Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

Qprinter inside a thread does not create a file in mac

• Hello, I have a doubt. In windows, it works well, But in mac, It doesn´t. What I want to do is to create a pdf report and first I run it in the main thread. Then I wanted to add a loader so I run it in another thread. And then the problem started in mac. And it does not generate any output in the qprinter. If I remove the loader it works again. The problem is the thread (QConcurrent::run) but I do not understand why. And why only in mac. Thank you

static QFutureWatcher<void> watcher;
    QObject::connect(&watcher, &QFutureWatcherBase::finished, [=]() {
    	//watcher.waitForFinished();
    	finished();
    });

watcher.setFuture(
    	QtConcurrent::run([=]() { 
    QPrinter pdfWriter;
    pdfWriter.setPageSize(QPagedPaintDevice::A4);
    //It does not work. Trick, I will use the painter
    pdfWriter.setPageMargins(10, 10, 10, 10, QPrinter::Millimeter);
    double margin_ForPainter = 20;
    pdfWriter.setOrientation(QPrinter::Portrait);
    pdfWriter.setFullPage(true);
    pdfWriter.setOutputFileName("pdf_generated.pdf");
    QTextDocument document;
    QString html =
        		"<head>"
                   "< / head>";
    pdfWriter.setOutputFormat(QPrinter::PdfFormat);
       document.setHtml(html);
    //Open the file generated
    QDesktopServices::openUrl(QUrl::fromLocalFile("pdf_generated.pdf"));
    }));

• Moderators

@zandarina hi, define a proper path, on MacOS you don't have write permission where pdfWriter.setOutputFileName("pdf_generated.pdf"); is trying to create the file

• Hi the resource dir or bundle is created. at the beginning in mac. This setouputFileName if I do not launch any thread it creates the file in the correct place. I do not understand why I do not have persimission if a thread is created with the watcher. The bundle is lost?

• Moderators

@zandarina ok, I miss read than, I thought it wouldn't work at all, usually one isn't allowed to create files inside the package contents folder

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

Can you provide a complete minimal example that shows that behaviour ?