Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

MacOs .app Application doesn't start when double clicking

• Hi,

I've made an application for MacOs using Qt 5.12.2 clang64 and macOs High Sierra. I correctly deployed the application using macdeployqt and referring to this link.

When I click on the .app file the application doesn't start and I get this error: Schermata 2020-01-29 alle 11.29.33.png

That says "Impossible to open Test because of a problem. Contact the developer...". When I click on Report ("Resoconto") it displays nothing!

So I really don't have any feedback on what is happening! The application with QtCreator works well, both in release and debug mode. Is there something I can check to understand what's wrong? Is it possible that it doesn't find some libs? macdeployqt run without errors so I suppose it linked all the correct libraries.

Thanks you for the support!

• Moderators

@agiova
    Standard question, since you used the deployment tool, do you use QML and did you correctly point the deployment tool to your qml files?

• Moderators

@agiova
    Standard question, since you used the deployment tool, do you use QML and did you correctly point the deployment tool to your qml files?

• @J-Hilk What a stupid question I did, I didn't remember about qmlfiles. Thank you for the help!
    Adding the path on macdeployqt of qmlfiles using -qmldir= did the trick! thanks again!