Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

Multiple dylib versions created

• Why multiple versions of dylibs are created in Mac and I had to include 2 different versions of dylib to make it work in another application.Where if i include one , it asks for another version?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

What library are you talking about ?
    What versions ?
    What are you trying to do ?
    What version of macOS ?
    What version of Qt ?
    What version of Xcode ?

• @SGaist Hi, I wanted to create a dynamic library in mac using Qt Libraries project option.
    So, When write a sample code and build it. It Creates more than one version like: -
    libSample.1.0.0.dylib
    libSample.1.0.dylib
    libSample.1.dylib
    libSample.dylib
    My Question is why it created these 4 different versions of same library and when I integrate libSample.1.0.0.dylib this in an other application, It builds but asks for libSample.1.dylib for complete execution of my application which integrates this sample library i created.

I am using Qt creator 4.10.2 based on Qt 5.13.2 (Clang 10.0 (Apple), 64 bit) and using Xcode 9.
    i am using macos 10.14.3

Thanks in advance.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

That's how library numbering is working in Unix style OSs. Same goes for Linux with their .so files.

This allows you to link to a more or less precise version of a library. The numbers are major/minor/patch. You usually link to the unnumbered version but if you need some specific version because of some specific behavior that has changed, you can link using the version number.