Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

BadgeLable related methods deprecated, how to access NSApp etc. from Qt?

• Good afernoon,
    since I am getting deprecated warning:
    warning: 'setBadgeLabelText' is deprecated: Use NSApp.dockTile.badgeLabel
    how can I implement simple number appearing over the tile?

So far I had a signal reporting the amount of new items and slot that simply used the now deprecated method.

Any advice would be highly appreciated.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

You can take a look at the QtMacExtras module code behind the method and replicate it within your code.

Something like:

#import <AppKit/NSApplication.h>
    #import <AppKit/NSDockTile.h>

void MyClass::showLabel(const QString& label)
    {
     [[NSApplication sharedApplication] dockTile].badgeLabel = label.toNSString();
    }

The MyClass implementation should be in a file with a .mm extension and that file be added to the OBJECTIVE_SOURCES variable.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

Are you using the QtMacExtras module ?

• @SGaist I do, yes.

• Anyone? Anything? I am not in the rush but I'd like to at least know where to search for the answer.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

You can take a look at the QtMacExtras module code behind the method and replicate it within your code.

Something like:

#import <AppKit/NSApplication.h>
    #import <AppKit/NSDockTile.h>

void MyClass::showLabel(const QString& label)
    {
     [[NSApplication sharedApplication] dockTile].badgeLabel = label.toNSString();
    }

The MyClass implementation should be in a file with a .mm extension and that file be added to the OBJECTIVE_SOURCES variable.

• Thank you, will go that way.

• @SGaist FYI, manual now states:

OBJECTIVE_SOURCES

Specifies the names of all Objective-C/C++ source files in the project.

This variable is now obsolete, Objective-C/C++ files (.m and .mm) can be added to the SOURCES variable.

Same for headers. Again, thanks for your help, I think I've got this up and running :)

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Thanks for the info. I did that from memory.