Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

incremental loading in table view without canFetchMore() and fetchMore()

• i'm using a library which is based on qt.
    the library has a table model/view implementation.
    i need incremental populating for my table. however they do not have canFetchMore() and fetchMore() implemented.

in what ways can i implement lazy loading anyways?

one option i could think of was this:
    i have the following variables: chunkRows - i want to retrieve this many rows at a time, m_currRowCount - the number of row currently loaded

1. set initial row count = chunkRows
    2. in data() i do this check:
    if (index.row() + chunkRows >= m_currRowCount)
        m_currRowCount += chunkRows;

return the data;

this approach doesn't work. in my table i get only the first chunkRows items.

please help :(

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

What do you mean by "they do not have" ?
    What kind of model are you using ?

• @SGaist
    i mean if those methods were implemented, i could make use of those for implementing lazy loading.
    the model is derived from QAbstractTableModel, this is a part of data(), where m_pModel is a vector of vectors:

QVariant TableModel::data(const QModelIndex& index, int role) const
    {
    	int nRow = index.row();
    	int nCol = index.column();
    	if (nRow < 0 || nRow >= m_pModel->getRowCount() || nCol < 0 || nCol >= m_pModel->getColumnCount())
    		return QVariant();

if (role == Qt::DisplayRole)
    	{
    		QString sStr;
    		m_pModel->getText(nRow, nCol, sStr);
    		return sStr;
    	}

i tried to increase the row count in m_pModel->getRowCount() implementation, but i guess the problem why that idea doesn't work is that the actual data isn't called for those increased rows, therefore, m_pModel->getText() isn't called either.