Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

QMenu position in QGraphicsScene

• Hello, I'd like to display a QMenu when clicking on a button in a QGraphicsScene. I want to position the top-left menu corner at the center of the button but I cannot succeed doing it. Could you help me please ?

My QGraphicsScene :

QGraphicsGridLayout * grid = new QGraphicsGridLayout();
            QGraphicsWidget * support = new QGraphicsWidget();
            support->setLayout(grid);
            m_view->scene()->addItem(support);

for() {
                QLabel * name = new QLabel(QString::fromStdString(b.getName()));
                QGraphicsProxyWidget * graphicsName = m_view->scene()->addWidget(name);
                grid->addItem(graphicsName, counter, 0, 1, 1, Qt::AlignVCenter | Qt::AlignLeft);

QPushButton * button = new QPushButton(QIcon(":/icons/configuration.png"), "");
                connect(button, SIGNAL(clicked()), this, SLOT(beamModificationMenu()));
                QGraphicsProxyWidget * graphicsButton = m_view->scene()->addWidget(button);
                grid->addItem(graphicsButton, counter, 1, 1, 1, Qt::AlignVCenter | Qt::AlignHCenter);
                counter++;
    	}

And my function to display the menu :

void frequencyPlanRXConfiguration::modificationMenu() const {
        if(QPushButton * button = qobject_cast<QPushButton *>(sender())) {
            QMenu menu;
            menu.addAction("Action 1");
            QAction * selectedItem = menu.exec(m_view->mapToGlobal(button->pos()));
        }
    }

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

Out of curiosity, why not use the built in support for menu of QPushButton ?

It's not centered but it is integrated as the platform provides it.

• Thanks SGaist, I just did not know this feature. That fits perfectly to my needs !

I tried this (removing signal and adding menu to the button) :

QPushButton * button = new QPushButton(QIcon(":/icons/configuration.png"), "");
    QMenu myMenu;
    myMenu.addAction("Action 1");
    myMenu.addAction("Action 2");
    button->setMenu(&myMenu);
    //connect(button, SIGNAL(clicked()), this, SLOT(beamModificationMenu()));
    QGraphicsProxyWidget * graphicsButton = m_view->scene()->addWidget(button);
    grid->addItem(graphicsButton, counter, 1, 1, 1, Qt::AlignVCenter | Qt::AlignHCenter);

However, the button is just a bit larger (as if to display the little arrow toward bottom indicating a possible menu) but menu does not appear. Do I need to add someting (like a showMenu) ?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Your QMenu is on the stack and thus destroyed at the end of the function. Hence you can not see it.

• Thanks a lot, indeed, it was the issue you highlight. Your solution fits my needs and it is more simple than I expected !