Lowenergyscanner Exampler: "Error occured when trying to connect to remote device."

• Hello,

Two weeks ago I tried the Bluetooth Low Energy Scanner Example for Windows with my BLE Device and it worked (scan, connect, show services and characteristics). I created an executeable and it worked on other PCs as well. But now it is not working anymore on my Laptop but it is working on another PC - I did not changed anything. The following Error occurs:

"qt.bluetooth.winrt: Could not await characteristic read
    Error: "Error occured trying to connect to remote device.""

So I think the problem is not the device, because the lowenergyscanner.exe, that I created, works on another PC with the same device. But as well running the excample from Qt as executing the created executable leads to this error. I tried to reinstall Qt and the Windows Build Tools etc. but it is still not working.

Thank you!

• Moderators

@SpaceToon The answer is most likely:

Windows Updates

BlueToothLe support comes and goes currently with each Windows update, this is because Windows changes the API constantly, as it is full of bugs and errors...

• Moderators

@SpaceToon The answer is most likely:

Windows Updates

BlueToothLe support comes and goes currently with each Windows update, this is because Windows changes the API constantly, as it is full of bugs and errors...

• @J-Hilk Thank you for your reply. This could be the reason because when I tried an CS Dongle external Bluetooth Adapter, it worked.

Is there an official statement from Microsoft, where you can read something like this in the future or where did you get this information?