Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

What feature controls Bluetooth?

• To optimize my Qt5.13 cross-building I made this huge configure command:

./configure -release -device linux-arm-stm32mp1-g++ -device-option CROSS_COMPILE=/local/STM32MP15-Ecosystem-v1.0.0/Developer-Package/SDK/sysroots/x86_64-openstlinux_weston_sdk-linux/usr/bin/arm-openstlinux_weston-linux-gnueabi/arm-openstlinux_weston-linux-gnueabi- -sysroot /local/STM32MP15-Ecosystem-v1.0.0/Developer-Package/SDK/sysroots/cortexa7t2hf-neon-vfpv4-openstlinux_weston-linux-gnueabi -opensource -confirm-license -make libs -prefix /usr/local/qt5-STM32MP1 -extprefix ~/qt5-STM32MP1 -hostprefix ~/qt5-STM32MP1 -v -nomake examples -nomake tests -reduce-exports -no-pch -no-use-gold-linker -skip qt3d -skip qtactiveqt -skip qtandroidextras -skip qtcanvas3d -skip qtcharts -skip qtdatavis3d -skip qtdoc -skip qtdocgallery -skip qtfeedback -skip qtgamepad -skip qtgraphicaleffects -skip qtimageformats -skip qtlocation -skip qtlottie -skip qtmacextras -skip qtmultimedia -skip qtpim -skip qtpurchasing -skip qtqa -skip qtquickcontrols -skip qtquickcontrols2 -skip qtremoteobjects -skip qtrepotools -skip qtscript -skip qtscxml -skip qtsensors -skip qtspeech -skip qtsvg -skip qtsystems -skip qttools -skip qttranslations -skip qtvirtualkeyboard -skip qtwebengine -skip qtwebview -skip qtwinextras -skip qtx11extras -skip qtxmlpatterns -no-feature-abstractbutton  -no-feature-abstractslider  -no-feature-accessibility  -no-feature-action  -no-feature-animation  -no-feature-appstore-compliant  -no-feature-bearermanagement  -no-feature-big_codecs  -no-feature-buttongroup  -no-feature-calendarwidget  -no-feature-checkbox  -no-feature-clipboard  -no-feature-codecs  -no-feature-colordialog  -no-feature-colornames  -no-feature-columnview  -no-feature-combobox  -no-feature-commandlinkbutton  -no-feature-completer  -no-feature-concatenatetablesproxymodel  -no-feature-contextmenu  -no-feature-cups  -no-feature-cursor  -no-feature-d3d12  -no-feature-datawidgetmapper  -no-feature-datetimeedit  -no-feature-desktopservices  -no-feature-dial  -no-feature-dialog  -no-feature-dialogbuttonbox  -no-feature-dirmodel  -no-feature-dockwidget  -no-feature-draganddrop  -no-feature-effects  -no-feature-errormessage  -no-feature-filedialog  -no-feature-fontcombobox  -no-feature-fontdialog  -no-feature-formlayout  -no-feature-freetype  -no-feature-fscompleter  -no-feature-future  -no-feature-gestures  -no-feature-graphicseffect  -no-feature-graphicsview  -no-feature-groupbox  -no-feature-highdpiscaling  -no-feature-iconv  -no-feature-identityproxymodel  -no-feature-im  -no-feature-image_heuristic_mask  -no-feature-image_text  -no-feature-imageformat_bmp  -no-feature-imageformat_jpeg  -no-feature-imageformat_png  -no-feature-imageformat_ppm  -no-feature-imageformat_xbm  -no-feature-imageformat_xpm  -no-feature-imageformatplugin  -no-feature-inputdialog  -no-feature-itemmodel  -no-feature-itemmodeltester  -no-feature-itemviews  -no-feature-keysequenceedit  -no-feature-label  -no-feature-lcdnumber  -no-feature-lineedit  -no-feature-listview  -no-feature-listwidget  -no-feature-mainwindow  -no-feature-mdiarea  -no-feature-menu  -no-feature-menubar  -no-feature-messagebox  -no-feature-mimetype  -no-feature-movie  -no-feature-ocsp  -no-feature-paint_debug  -no-feature-pdf  -no-feature-picture  -no-feature-printdialog  -no-feature-printer  -no-feature-printpreviewdialog  -no-feature-printpreviewwidget  -no-feature-progressbar  -no-feature-progressdialog  -no-feature-proxymodel  -no-feature-pushbutton  -no-feature-qml-animation  -no-feature-qml-debug  -no-feature-qml-delegate-model  -no-feature-qml-devtools  -no-feature-qml-list-model  -no-feature-qml-locale  -no-feature-qml-network  -no-feature-qml-preview  -no-feature-qml-profiler  -no-feature-qml-sequence-object  -no-feature-qml-tracing  -no-feature-qml-worker-script  -no-feature-qml-xml-http-request -no-feature-quick-animatedimage  -no-feature-quick-canvas  -no-feature-quick-designer  -no-feature-quick-flipable  -no-feature-quick-gridview  -no-feature-quick-listview  -no-feature-quick-particles  -no-feature-quick-path  -no-feature-quick-pathview  -no-feature-quick-positioners  -no-feature-quick-repeater  -no-feature-quick-shadereffect  -no-feature-quick-sprite  -no-feature-quick-tableview -no-feature-radiobutton  -no-feature-resizehandler  -no-feature-rubberband  -no-feature-scrollarea  -no-feature-scrollbar  -no-feature-scroller -no-feature-shortcut  -no-feature-sizegrip  -no-feature-slider  -no-feature-sortfilterproxymodel  -no-feature-spinbox  -no-feature-splashscreen  -no-feature-splitter  -no-feature-stackedwidget  -no-feature-standarditemmodel  -no-feature-statusbar  -no-feature-statustip  -no-feature-stringlistmodel  -no-feature-style-stylesheet  -no-feature-syntaxhighlighter  -no-feature-systemtrayicon  -no-feature-tabbar  -no-feature-tabletevent  -no-feature-tableview  -no-feature-tablewidget  -no-feature-tabwidget  -no-feature-testlib_selfcover  -no-feature-textbrowser  -no-feature-textcodec  -no-feature-textdate  -no-feature-textedit  -no-feature-toolbar  -no-feature-toolbox  -no-feature-toolbutton  -no-feature-tooltip  -no-feature-transposeproxymodel  -no-feature-treeview  -no-feature-treewidget  -no-feature-tuiotouch  -no-feature-validator  -no-feature-wayland-compositor-quick -no-feature-whatsthis  -no-feature-wheelevent  -no-feature-widgettextcontrol  -no-feature-wizard  

but after disabling all those features Bluetooth support is removed.
    I'm sure it depends on the features (and not on the modules skipped) because removing all the -no-feature-* entries the Bluetooth module is configured again.

I searched in the output of ./configure -list-features (by the way it seems grep doesn't work there!) but I found nothing about Bluetooth or connectivity.

Does anyone know which feature I have to enable to restore the Bluetooth?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

Did you check the tests logs ?

• I thought there is a documentation about what each feature-* item does. Well, a bit more detailed of the output of -list-features.
    No, I didn't check. I had not more time. I ran the build without all the no-feature-* flags.

• @Mark81 shouldn't you build/install the separate Qt Connectivity module?

• @Pablo-J-Rogina said in What feature controls Bluetooth?:

@Mark81 shouldn't you build/install the separate Qt Connectivity module?

I didn't skip it. In fact, removing all the no-feature-* flag is correctly configured and built.
    But I cannot find which feature controls it.

• @Mark81 it's not a feature, it's a separate module, at the same level of qtbase.
    Could you please tell how you grab the Qt source code to cross-compile?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

@Pablo-J-Rogina that is not the issue here.

@Mark81 is disabling features to reduce Qt's size however one of the feature he disables has the consequence of also disabling the QtConnectivity module.

@Mark81 try to not disable any network related feature. The network feature is mandatory for the QtConnectivity module.