Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

How to implement a UI for a specific thing

• Hi

How do I implement a UI for this in pyqt5?

0_1568972481967_6a6bec5e-365c-46a6-90a8-ebbe4d7a86e5-image.png

Thanks

• Banned

Well you start by not using the Designer because you are going to want to have complete control of all the objects this is going to use. Next you learn how to code in pyqt using its native Layout elements along with the various buttons. The vertical sliders are not overly difficult but those on/off buttons over the vertical sliders might require specialized implementation as you may have to make your own. The LineEdit boxes and Labels are no issue either. But yes this could ALL be implemented by using pyqt. However that means diving into many many elements of pyqt to answer properly or give you the fish and then you miss out on the fun of catching (designing and making) your own fish (view).

However I am running a Python/PyQt Discord message server where this kind of one-on-one help can be obtained for the same cost of posting a question on this forum ;) (aka free) just drop me a PM or post an email and I will send you an invite. But be prepared to learn how to fish ;)

• @sdf1444 said in How to implement a UI for a specific thing:

How do I implement a UI for this in pyqt5

this ui can be implemented in 10 minutes using QML ... https://www.qt.io/blog/2018/05/14/qml-qt-python

@Denni-0 said in How to implement a UI for a specific thing:

vertical sliders

it's more a vertical ProgressBar

@Denni-0 said in How to implement a UI for a specific thing:

on/off buttons over the vertical sliders might require specialized implementation

so there is no Switch type ?

• Banned

@LeLev you can use a lot of different tools to do a lot of different things this individual is using PyQt (or at least mentioned it) and it will do the job quite nicely if implemented properly and it does not take all that long I could probably whip up a mock version of the above in about the same time frame using PyQt and the finished code would be "touchable" rather than the usual untouchable stuff you get from the various designers

Well the veritical sliders come predefined with those hash mark values I am not sure that the progress bar does

As for whether or not there is a Switch type -- I do not know someone may have already designed one but I have never had a need for such so have not investigated that -- yeah I probably should have add that in my explanation my bad.