Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

Accessing application classes from a plugin?

• I create a plugin that implements my application's plugin interface, as in the Echo Plugin Example.

Now, how can I access classes (other than the plugin interface) that are declared and defined in the application? When I try to instantiate one of the application classes in the Plugin, I get an unresolved external symbol linker error, which is expected.

Is there a way to do this without building a library out of my application that contains those classes, and then linking it dynamically in both the application and the plugin?

• Maybe you can add a CLASSNAME POINTER* into your Plugin-Interface (do not forget to add foreward declaration of the class => class CLASSNAME) and do somethink like that when you init your plugin:

QPluginLoader loader(fileName);
    QObject *possiblePlugin = loader.instance();

if (possiblePlugin)
    {
        PluginInterface *plugin = qobject_cast<PluginInterface*>(possiblePlugin);
        if (plugin)
        {
            qInfo() << "Loaded plugin: " << plugin->get(NAME);

plugin->core = this->m_core;
            plugin->onInit(BASEINIT);
            m_pluginList.append(plugin);
        }
    }

Now you can work and have access inside your plugin with the CLASSNAME you want. In my example "core". Be carefull maybe it should be const.

Inside Plugin: core->whatEVER();

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

Move all the classes that you want to be able to use in both your application and plugin in a shared library and link your plugins as well as your application against said library.