Text selection in model-view implementation

• Hi, I want to ask if is possible (and how if possible) to make QTreeView's item's text selectable by mouse like when:

label = QLabel("Selectable text")
    label.setTextInteractionFlags(Qt.TextSelectableByMouse)

I'm using customized QTreeView, QAbstractListModel and QStyledItemDelegate.
    Delegate is painting QTextDocument.

Not sure if these information are enough.

Can anyone help me please?

• I believe (if I am understanding what you mean by selectable) that the fields of a QTreeView are by default selectable and/or editable you would have to explicitly turn that off to stop them from being such.

• I want to be able to do this kind of selection:
    0_1566545885531_db43cbdf-6714-4267-b355-1671cc501e8a-image.png

• select text from item and be able to copy selection with shortcut. Like QLabel when you set interaction flag TextSelectableByMouse

• I describe it incomprehensibly or it's not possible?

• It required to much research on my part to pursue in the format that it was given and it is not something that I need to do for anything I am working on.

So you would either need to present it as an MRE (Minimal Reproducible Example) showing how the QLabel works and how that does not work in the QTreeView -- then I can look at that code and determine more easily what it is you are striving to do without having to spend a lot of my time discerning that just to answer your question. Aka you need to do the work to get your question answered not the other way around.