Native Build of Qt 5.4.1 on a Raspberry Pi

• Hi guys, one small question. On this link: https://wiki.qt.io/Native_Build_of_Qt_5.4.1_on_a_Raspberry_Pi
    at the Preparation part is says to :
    the Qt binaries should be installed to /usr/local/qt5
    How exactly I have to do that so it will work properly. I mean from where and how I have to install the binaries? ( I'm new to Qt and raspberry )

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

That's the ˋ-prefixˋ parameter for the configure command line.

• I don't understand, can you tell me how to install the Qt binaries? I know that /usr/local/qt5 is the destination where to install Qt Binaries but what I have to write before this ? What is the full command or commands ?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Did you forgot to call "make install" after the build is done ?

• @mihaijunior

the Qt binaries should be installed to /usr/local/qt5

I guess it could be read as follows:

the Qt binaries will be installed into folder /usr/local/qt5

So once all the procedure is done, your native build of Qt will be available at /usr/local/qt5 in your RPi device

What is the full command or commands ?

Have you already follow all the steps from that guide?

• @Pablo-J-Rogina , after some time I understand that it could be read as you said. Now I have another problem regardin with the command:
    sudo apt-get install libfontconfig1-dev libdbus-1-dev libfreetype6-dev libudev-dev libicu-dev
    libsqlite3-dev libxslt1-dev libssl-dev libasound2-dev libavcodec-dev libavformat-dev libswscale-dev
    libgstreamer0.10-dev libgstreamer-plugins-base0.10-dev gstreamer-tools gstreamer0.10-plugins-good
    gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad libraspberrypi-dev libpulse-dev libx11-dev libglib2.0-dev libcups2-dev
    freetds-dev libsqlite0-dev libpq-dev libiodbc2-dev libmysqlclient-dev firebird-dev libpng12-dev
    libjpeg62-dev libgst-dev libxext-dev libxcb1 libxcb1-dev libx11-xcb1 libx11-xcb-dev libxcb-keysyms1
    libxcb-keysyms1-dev libxcb-image0 libxcb-image0-dev libxcb-shm0 libxcb-shm0-dev libxcb-icccm4
    libxcb-icccm4-dev libxcb-sync0 libxcb-sync0-dev libxcb-render-util0 libxcb-render-util0-dev
    libxcb-xfixes0-dev libxrender-dev libxcb-shape0-dev libxcb-randr0-dev libxcb-glx0-dev libxi-dev
    libdrm-dev flex ruby gperf bison libts-dev

I made the changes they said there and i get the following errors:

E: Package 'gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad' has no installation candidate
    E: Package 'libmysqlclient-dev' has no installation candidate
    and also something abot libfrontconfig1-dev that it can't be localized.

• @SGaist , any idea to help me with the message above?

• @mihaijunior could you state the RPi model and OS version you have?

• @pablo-j-rogina , RPi 2, i just passed that problem and I have another one. After sudo make install
    I get multimple Makefile recipe for target '...' failed, what could be the problem?

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.