From 10:00 CET Friday 22nd November we will adjust how the server works to deal with some recently reported problems. Therefore there may be a load problem, if you experience more problems than usual trying to access the forum then please PM AndyS or any of the moderators so they can inform me.

QProcess on installer provided Qt crashes.

• Hello Forum,

I have a Qt version (from the installer) installed on Linux which is not the same as the system Qt libraries (different version).
    When I try to start a new process using QProcess::startDetached() but this segfaults due to Qt%systemversion% private headers.
    If I use the system Qt version all is good. How can I use the Qt version that comes with the installer and have QProcess launching the program?

• Qt Champions 2018

@damianatorrpm said in QProcess on installer provided Qt crashes.:

but this segfaults due to Qt%systemversion% private headers.

This sounds like you're mixing Qt libraries from different versions.
    How do you start your app?
    Which application is started via QProcess::startDetached()? Is it a Qt app? If so which Qt version was used to build it?

• read up on how the link loader works in Linux, particularly the order that libraries are searched and how to override with LD_LIBRARY_PATH. No guarantees though, as mixing library version is always hit or miss.

• Thank you for the replies!
    I thought no one did reply (I subscribed - "Watching") but received no email... (not in spam as well)

=>LD_LIBRARY_PATH
    thank you Kent I will do so