How to create a video file with an audio track?

• I've been reading the documentation on QMediaRecorder, trying to figure out how I might be able to use it to generate a video file. Most of the documentation for this and related classes seem to presume some sort of streaming is going on, where you're routing data from a camera or an existing video directly to the destination file without many changes.

I'd like to do something different. I want to generate original image data and combine it with several different audio clips to generate a final composite file. Basically, I'm trying to create a movie editor and want to have the program mix various clips of footage with soundtracks, sound effects and user generated items like floating text. Is there a way to do this?

Also, I noticed that Qt includes the ffmpeg license agreement as part of its documentation. Does this mean when I use Qt the ffmpeg libraries are already included? Is there a way for me to access them?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

QMediaRecorder take a QMediaObject as parameter. Create your own subclass and provide the adequate controls. You can then generate what you want to record.

• I've been reading through the different data provided by QMediaObject, and the docs of the objects it provides and so on. It seems to be all metadata - I can't find any point where buffers of image or audio data are provided. Do you know of any examples where a QMediaObject provides synthesized data?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

For synthesised data ? No, I don't know any of them.

However, you can take a look at the various QCamera backneds in Qt sources to see what you need to implement with regards to recording.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.