Problem connecting to pylon(basler) camera

• Hi there. I am trying to access Basler Pylon camera through an application using Qt. But i am having problem in connecting the camera.
    Presently my .pro file looks like:

0_1551976898340_pro_file.PNG
    The logs in the application output says:
    =>LOG : : SetGenICamLogConfig(path) not called, and environment variable GENICAM_LOG_CONFIG_V3_0 not found. Using default logging configuration.
    =>LOG : : Cannot open logger parameter file 'C:/Program Files/Basler/pylon 5/log/config/DefaultLogging.properties'
    =>LOG : : Default logger parameter file '$(GENICAM_ROOT)/log/config/DefaultLogging.properties' not found

0_1551977091344_code_with_debug_log.PNG

I am using MSVC2017_64bit compiler.

Any help regarding the issue is welcome.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

Do you have the same trouble if you run the pylon application ?

• @SGaist No, it works fine with Pylon Viewer. I can capture images and videos. The problem is when I want to access the camera using Qt.

• Have you tried setting the GENICAM_LOG_CONFIG_V3_0 environment variable to (I assume) a path for the log file?

• @mranger90 No I haven't. Can you please tell me how to do it?

• It depends on your OS. Since you use the MSVC compiler I guess I can assume its windows.
    In that case you can add an environment variable from the System/Advanced System Settings/Environment Variables.
    I'd check the docs for the camera's SDK. There may be other things that need to be set.
    Does the Windows camera app connect to it ?

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.