It's stange you know @jsulm . I was strugling this for more then half year now, in a couple of different projects. I was trying to reproduce it by making some example project. In the time of making it, it started to work and now it works on the projects it wasn't working before too. I've got no idea what happened. I didn't make anything extraordynary.
Unless you are writing a console tool, macOS applications should be in a bundle. Depending on what you use in your application you will need the Info.plist file to be present at the right place and maybe add some keys in it in order to access some system features.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
SCP Foundation SCP Foundation (emblem).svg
The logo of the SCP Foundation
Available in English[a]
Slogan(s) Secure, Contain, Protect
Alexa rank 15,140 (Apr 2017)
Launched July 19th, 2008
Current status Active
CC Attribution / Share-Alike 3.0 The SCP Foundation is a fictional organization that is the subject of a web-based collaborative writing project. (SCP stands for "Special Containment Procedures", though it also refers to the organization's slogan of "Secure, Contain, Protect".) The stories generated by the project describe the exploits of the Foundation, supposedly responsible for containing individuals, entities, locations, and objects that violate natural law (referred to as SCPs). The main written works on the SCP Foundation website are articles written in the style of structured internal documentation about the contained SCPs.
and I confused what is SCP, sorry for silly ask, excuse me,thanks for secure copy @jsulm and @SGaist
thanks for all help
thanks a lot with best wishes for you
@Chris-Kawa I have Visual Studio 2015 Community installed as well, shouldn't Qt be detecting it automatically?
It seems weird that it only detects my Visual Studio Community 2017 install, but not my 2015 one. o.O
Ediiit : Turns out I forgot to install the actual C++ compiler when installing Visual Studio 2015, goddammit...
I legit just spent a month wonder why it wasn't working....
Well this is annoying, but on the bright side I got it working, I guess... >.<
I don't know if it's related, but I would try to cross compile from linux To Windows in order to check if problem is solved. All start from a application that print a text document in PDf format using ARIAL font: sometimes I need to correct the date and this is possible editing the file with Adobe Acrobat. Well, this is possible only if I compile my app using Qt from Linux (Arial font still remains the same), while using QT from Windows Arial font seems to have a different feature that doesn't allow to edit it directly.
That is expected. Indexing in Creator means that a compiler runs over all your code and all the data that produces is retained for code completion, refactoring and navigation tasks. Atom does not do most of that stuff, so it needs way less data.
That data is what makes Creator useful:-)
Ok, I just checked: For the current project (C++)
qtcreator 1.3GB, and if it runs longer it comes to 4,1GB ...
Atom Code Completion added some 100MB (to the current 200MB, so all together 300MB).
Recatoring offers many functions, but I hardly use them (Maybe I should ?!?).
Navigation tasks is useful, yes. But 1-3 GB (3-10x) more than Atom ?
Creator should default to the Codeblocks versions of make and ninja generators. So that should work out of the box;-)
Why is it like that? Because Creator parses the Codeblocks files to extract information about the cmake project. So without the Codeblocks file it does not have any information on what you are building.
Of course, this is well documented :). But it tunred out the above is not completely true. Than once run with a codeblock generator, if I switch off the second generator again (i.e. remove the second generator, which is Codeblock), the source tree is displayed normally, and no warnings are to be seen again.
After setting up OpenOCD so I could deploy and debug application and trying to debug application QtCreator crashed every time I stopped the debugging. But after checking the magic option "Use asynchronous mode to control the inferior" in Options>Debugger>GDB Extended it finally worked.
Oh and also I needed to install winusb drivers for st-link using zadig.