Understanding QTouchEvent

• Hello,

Just trying to wrap my head around QTouchEvent. Any help/advice is appreciated.

Specifically I'm a bit confused when a touch event is fired (for e.g. TouchBegin); does this represent only one unique touch point? If so why is there a list of touch points inside QTouchEvent?

If not is it the case that Qt will group together several TouchBegin instances that happen in a given time fraction and deliver it as one event, with the list of points encapsulated in the event? Likewise a QTouchUpdate event will contain information about several touch points that are being updated at that time?

Also I assume that @QTouchEvent::TouchPoint::id@ will remain consistent throughout TouchBegin, TouchUpdate and TouchEnd. Meaning that in different touch events if I see a point with the same id, it is the same touch point that both events are referring to. Is this assumption correct?

FYI: I've been working with TUIO for sometime, so if someone is familiar with both Qt and TUIO a comparative explanation would be much easier for me to understand.

Still I'd really appreciate any help at all.

Thanks,
    PD.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.