C++ listmodel with section.property

• Hi all
    ListView has section.property to devide the listmodel to sections
    i need to create a c++ list model (of QString data) that support this section.property
    how can i do that

Thanks

• QStringList coupled with setContextProperty to use it in QML side (perhaps with some javascript for displaying the string you select).

Otherwise you can use a hidden ListView and use its model to display the one you need.

• Thanks for your answer.

maybe i was not clear.
    i have a cpp model using QAbstractListModel and i use it in QML files and it works ok
    BUT
    i want to have the section attribute that ListView have in QML and i dont know how to implement it in the QAbstractListModel
    do i need to implement the headerData method in the QAbstractListModel??

• Just to clarify in QML
    section.property holds the name of the property that is the basis of each section.

If you look at the example in "QML Data Models":http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.7-snapshot/qdeclarativemodels.html#qabstractitemmodel it shows that the roles in the c++ model is used in QML. In the example the roles are "type" and "size". So if you want to create a section base on "type" you would alter the QML example (in the link) to:
    @ListView {
    width: 200; height: 250
    anchors.fill: parent

model: myModel
     delegate: Text { text: "Animal: " + type + ", " + size }
     section.property: type

}@

Hope that is what you are looking for. The above snippet is untested of course

• I have the same problem and i found solution - you should write
    section.property: "modelData.<propertyName>"

• I have the same problem and i found solution - you should write
    section.property: "modelData.<propertyName>"

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.