Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

JSON encoding for a POST request

• Hi all,

I'm facing a problem with acute characters using Qt.

I have to post a JSON to an API so I'm using qJsonDocument class in order to write my JSON.

If I qDebug() my qJsonDocument, i get this:

createProyect: QJsonDocument({"data":{"name":"Pruebá de acentós","workspace":"5168224827749"}})

But when I call .toJson() (Acording to documentation, Converts the QJsonDocument to a UTF-8 encoded JSON document) in order to perform a POST, qDebug() gives me this:

createProyect: qjsondoc.toJson(): "{\n "data": {\n "name": "Prueb\xC3\xA1 de acent\xC3\xB3s",\n "workspace": "5168224827749"\n }\n}\n"

My acutes turns like "\xC3\xA1" and the server sends me back a server error...

Any idea why?

Regards,

Dani.

• @Daniziz said in JSON encoding for a POST rquest:

My acutes turns like "\xC3\xA1"

That's correct, it's the hex codes for the letter's unicode point: http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/e1/index.htm

and the server sends me back a server error

How do you send your string to the server?

• Hi @VRonin

I just call QNetworkAccessManager POST this way:

QByteArray jsonUTF8 = jsonDoc.toJson();
    qDebug() << "createTask: POSTING..." << jsonUTF8;
    reply = restclient->post(request, jsonUTF8);

Im starting to think that maybe I must specify enconding in headers petition (But I havent figured it out yet), this is what I do:

QString header = "Bearer " + access_token;
    request.setRawHeader(QByteArray("Authorization"), QByteArray(header.toLatin1().data()));
    request.setHeader(request.ContentTypeHeader,"Content-Type: application/json");

Thanks for yout help.

Regards,

Dani.

• request.setHeader(QNetworkRequest::ContentTypeHeader,QStringLiteral("Content-Type: application/json; charset=utf-8"));

• @VRonin OMG, that simple... Thank you very much, it worked!

I was doing it this way without success...

request.setRawHeader( "charset", "utf-8" );

Thank you very much!

Regards,

Dani.