Qt and QtPy in one program

• Hi everyone, I am new to Qt and I am actually looking for informations about Qt before using it for my project.
    I would like to know if it is possible to use QT ( C++ ) and QtPy ( Python ) languages in the same program's code?
    Is it possible to call a pythons script (.py) directly from my code in Qt?

Thanks

• @Freddykong
    I think you need to clarify just what/why you are trying to do which would require both Qt for C++ and Qt for Python to be run inside a project? It's usual to need just one or the other.

Is it possible to call a pythons script (.py) directly from my code in Qt?

You can always run any kind of sub-process, including running some standalone Python script/code, via QProcess::start(). But if that script is intended to access things inside your actual parent program, or use Qt calls to access Qt objects/UI in the calling program, that is a different matter....

• @Freddykong could you please describe what could be an use case for having both Qt (C++) and Qt (Python) sources at the same application?

In any case, instead of running the Python script as a separate/child process as suggested by @JonB you may want to embed a Python interpreter in your C++ code

• I don't know if I got the question right,
    but the kind of interaction you describe could be possible by "extending" and existing Qt/C++ application to use Qt/Python code.

Take a look at this example: https://code.qt.io/cgit/pyside/pyside-setup.git/tree/examples/scriptableapplication
    There, there is a Qt/C++ Window that shows some Python code which you can run and interact with the Qt/C++ object itself.

Please be aware that many things need to be consider, and that you must handle the embedded Python and generate Python bindings for your Qt/C++ potion of code that you want to interact with.

Another use-case which was based on that example, is the research that is currently on-going regarding extending QtCreator with Python:
    https://blog.qt.io/blog/2018/08/15/python-extensions/

I hope those cases are in the same direction as your question.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.