Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct
Difficulties with building QtCreator by MSVC (linkage error)
drewpts last edited by
Following error really annoys me whole day:
Creating library ..\..\..\..\..\..\lib\qtcreator\qbsqtprofilesetup1.lib and object ..\..\..\..\..\..\lib\qtcreator\qbsqtprofilesetup1.exp qmlcache_loader.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) int __cdecl QQmlPrivate::qmlregister(enum QQmlPrivate::RegistrationType,void *)" (__imp_?qmlregister@QQmlPrivate@@YAHW4RegistrationType@1@PEAX@Z) referenced in function "public: __cdecl `anonymous namespace'::Registry::Registry(void)" (??0Registry@?A0x242eca99@@QEAA@XZ) ..\..\..\..\..\..\lib\qtcreator\qbsqtprofilesetup1.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
So far I tried:
MSVC 2015 64-bit compiler with Qt 5.11.1 for 4.7 and master branches
MSVC 2017 64-bit compiler with Qt 5.11.1 for 4.7 and master branches
I have compiled LLVM and Clang 6.0.1 with RTTI support (as far I understand that's needed for some clang plugins),
set appropriate env. vars, next just opened in QtCreator 4.7 whole qt-creator project and ran.
I don't have any errors or warnings in Kits section of QtCreator but mentioned linkage errors still are there.
Could you please point me in right direction?
Nicola Peroni last edited by
Up: same issue when enable QtQuickCompiler
Qt 5.11.2 on Windows with MSVC 2017 64bit
this question may be better answered on the QtCreator mailing list as you reach more developers there. This forum is more user orientated.
Justin Howard last edited by
I've hit exactly the same problem. It's a real pain in the neck. Debug seems to build in Qt Creator, but not the release one. If I can figure this out I'll reply on this thread.
PaulG last edited by
I ran into this as well, and worked around it by adding
QT += qml
Interestingly it built fine in Release with QBS rather than QMake but in order to deploy my plugin against the latest downloadable version, I need it to be built the same way, which is using QMake (the QBS version changes some DLL names around)
Hope this helps someone