Qtwinmigrate

• Hi,
    I want to use qtwinmigrate to speak with windows messaging application. I build the dll ,included all includes and libs in visual studio 2008 project , and still have some link problem:
    error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static struct QMetaObject const QWinHost::staticMetaObject" (?staticMetaObject@QWinHost@@2UQMetaObject@@B)

What can be the problem?

• Moderators

It looks like QWinHost has to be "registered":http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.7/qmetatype.html#qRegisterMetaType with Qt

• thanks for your reply
    tried this:
    Q_DECLARE_METATYPE(QWinHost)

Now I have another problem in qwinhost.h :
    Error 1 error C2248: 'QWidget::QWidget' : cannot access private member declared in class 'QWidget' c:\qt\4.7.2\qtwinmigrate-2.8-opensource\src\qwinhost.h 98

It's not my file . I am trying to add a new package qtwinmigrate to qt
    I downloaded the qtwinmigrate-2.8-opensource and want to run the QWinHost included example
    with Visual Studio 2008

I am looking for someone that already did it and succeeded

what is the right sequence of actions to make it work?

• Hi guys,

I know, this thread is cold since more than two years, but I've got exactly the same problem as described by lorik:
    first the linker error LNK2001 (after implementing the example [1]), second registered the QWinHost using Q_DECLARE_METATYPE(QWinHost), third got the C2248.
    So if somebody knows what to do about the error C2248 or got an idea about the reason, I would be very grateful!

Using VS2008 & Qt 4.7.4.

TIA!

[1] http://doc.qt.digia.com/solutions/4/qtwinmigrate/winmigrate-win32-in-qt-example.html

• Hello,

After some tries, I am finally able to compile QtwinMigrate library (QtSolutions_MFCMigrationFramework-head.lib) on Qt5.

But when I try to use this library with the QtwinMigrate sample code from an MFC application, I get the following link errors :

• error LNK2019: symbole externe non résolu "__declspec(dllimport) public: static class QApplication * __cdecl QMfcApp::instance()
    • error LNK2019: symbole externe non résolu "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall QWinWidget::QWinWidget()
    • error LNK2019: symbole externe non résolu "__declspec(dllimport) public: static int __cdecl QMfcApp::run(class CWinApp *)
      Do you have any idea ?

Thanks in advance,
    Romain.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.