How to compile RESOURCE without requiring QML

• I have a project using only Widgets, no QML.

With Qt 5.11, when I try to compile the system it is generating a link error in qrc_<program>_qmlcache.cpp because I don't have qml in my CONFIG.

If I add qml to the CONFIG in the .pro file, then the program links successfully (but is larger).

Is there an option I can set somewhere so that the resource compiler doesn't generate the QML (and javascript) stub files?

(I have a .css and a .js file in the resource file, but they are only in there for delivery as part of the output of my program. They never get executed by my program.)

• Moderators

Just make sure you don't have QML compiler enabled at it should be fine. Check your .pro file and Qt Creator Project -> build settings.

• Yes, that has solved the problem.
    It's just a shame that QtCreator generates that option by default (rather than looking inside the .pro file).

• Qt Champions 2017

hi @Farling,

would you mind creating a bugreport at bugreports.qt.io ? (and provide the link here?) that would help to fix the problem in future.

thanks

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.