Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

Getting the Qt Creator test scanner to find all test classes in one project

• Our team uses Qt Creator. We have quite large projects, and for each project we have a test project with a test class for every production class. The main of the test project calls QTest::qExec for every test class. We run our tests by simply running the test project.

That works fine, but the output is limited to the console, looking like this:

********* Start testing of TestClass1 *********
    Config: Using QtTest library 5.10.1, Qt 5.10.1 (x86_64-little_endian-lp64 shared (dynamic) debug build; by GCC 7.3.0)
    PASS   : TestClass1::initTestCase()
    PASS   : TestClass1::test1()
    PASS   : TestClass1::test2()
    PASS   : TestClass1::cleanupTestCase()
    Totals: 2 passed, 0 failed, 0 skipped, 0 blacklisted, 3ms
    ********* Finished testing of TestClass1*********
    ********* Start testing of TestClass2 *********
    Config: Using QtTest library 5.10.1, Qt 5.10.1 (x86_64-little_endian-lp64 shared (dynamic) debug build; by GCC 7.3.0)
    PASS   : TestClass2::initTestCase()
    PASS   : TestClass2::test1()
    PASS   : TestClass2::test2()
    PASS   : TestClass2::cleanupTestCase()
    Totals: 2 passed, 0 failed, 0 skipped, 0 blacklisted, 3ms
    ********* Finished testing of TestClass2*********

I just discovered the integrated test gui and would really like to use it. However, I can't get the scanner (Tools->Tests->Rescan tests) to find all tests in a project. If I write this in the main it works fine for TestClass1:

int main(int argc, char** argv) {
        TestClass1 test;
        return QTest::qExec(&test, argc, argv);
    }

However, if I try to add TestClass2 as below the scanner only recognizes TestClass2:

int main(int argc, char** argv) {
        TestClass1 test1;
        int ret = QTest::qExec(&test1, argc, argv);
        TestClass2 test2;
        int ret &= QTest::qExec(&test2, argc, argv);
        return ret;
    }

It seem as if the scanner only finds the last class executed with QTest::qExec.

Any idea how I could get it to find all tests, without touching the existing test classes?