"Unknown component. (M300)" for custom QML class

• Summary: Referencing my custom QML widget that is in a different directory results in Qt Creator highlighting it as an error, flagged with the message "Unknown component. (M300)". However, the QML resolves correctly at runtime without error. How can I fix Qt Creator to not act like a dunce?

I have this physical directory structure:

MyProject/
        main.qml
        CommonWidget.qml
        screens/
            Screen1.qml

My .qrc looks like this:

<RCC>
        <qresource prefix="/">
            <file>main.qml</file>
            <file>CommonWidget.qml</file>
            <file alias="Screen1.qml">screens/Screen1.qml</file>
        </qresource>
    </RCC>

Inside of Screen1.qml the code is roughly:

import QtQuick 2.6

Item {
        CommonWidget { /* ...content here... */ }              // Error: Unknown component. (M300)
        // other stuff
    }

Per this StackOverflow answer I tried adding import "../screens" to my QML, but that did not change Qt Creator's behavior.

• @Phrogz
    Why add import "../screens" in Screen1.qml, since CommonWidget.qml is defined in the parent directory of the screens directory?

To use CommonWidget in Screen1.qml, you can use :

import ".."

Otherwise, if all is correct, you may need to re-run qmake first to get QtCreator to recognize the new component after adding the file to the project...

• The problem goes away and shows up again as I add new QML. The import statement is unnecessary. The (surely overkill) steps I've used to fix it:

1. Quit Qt Creator
    2. Delete all output directories from disk
    3. Delete the .pro.user file.
    4. Launch Qt Creator and re-open the project (re-setting up the .pro.user in the process).

When I do those steps, this problem always goes away.

• Did you try Tools > QML/JS > Reset Code Model? Usually works for me.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.