QT 5.11 from source statically linked using CMake issues

• Hey,

I'm currently trying to create a project with statically linked QT built from source.
    I'm using CMake, and I'm getting lots of different unresolved external symbol erros due to some mussing libs I guess.

I've tried to add one lib after another and now I can't find the rest.

Currently my CMake libraries looks like this

sQT
            target_link_libraries(${PROJECT_NAME} PUBLIC
                    Qt5::Core
                    Qt5::Quick
                    Qt5::Multimedia
                    Qt5::QuickControls2
                    Qt5::Widgets
                    )

target_link_libraries(${PROJECT_NAME} PRIVATE
                    sQt
                    Ws2_32.lib
                    Version.lib
                    C:/qt_src/install/lib/qtharfbuzzd.lib
                    C:/qt_src/install/lib/qtlibpngd.lib
                    C:/qt_src/install/lib/qtpcre2d.lib
                    Netapi32.lib
                    userenv.lib
                    C:/qt_src/install/plugins/platforms/qwindowsd.lib
                    C:/qt_src/install/lib/qtfreetyped.lib
                    C:/qt_src/install/lib/libEGLd.lib
                    C:/qt_src/install/lib/libGLESv2d.lib
                    winmm.lib
                    imm32.lib
                    )

And I'm still getting plentyt of those issues but can't find the correct libs to add:

qwindowsd.lib(qwindowsintegration.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __cdecl QWindowsFontDatabase::QWindowsFontDatabase(void)" (??0QWindowsFontDatabase@@QEAA@XZ) referenced in function "public: virtual class QPlatformFontDatabase * __cdecl QWindowsIntegration::fontDatabase(void)const " (?fontDatabase@QWindowsIntegration@@UEBAPEAVQPlatformFontDatabase@@XZ)
    qwindowsd.lib(qwindowsintegration.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static double __cdecl QWindowsFontDatabase::fontSmoothingGamma(void)" (?fontSmoothingGamma@QWindowsFontDatabase@@SANXZ) referenced in function "public: virtual class QVariant __cdecl QWindowsIntegration::styleHint(enum QPlatformIntegration::StyleHint)const " (?styleHint@QWindowsIntegration@@UEBA?AVQVariant@@W4StyleHint@QPlatformIntegration@@@Z)
    qwindowsd.lib(qwindowsintegration.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static void __cdecl QWindowsFontDatabase::setFontOptions(unsigned int)" (?setFontOptions@QWindowsFontDatabase@@SAXI@Z) referenced in function "public: __cdecl QWindowsIntegrationPrivate::QWindowsIntegrationPrivate(class QStringList const &)" (??0QWindowsIntegrationPrivate@@QEAA@AEBVQStringList@@@Z)
    qwindowsd.lib(qwindowsintegration.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __cdecl QFreeTypeFontDatabase::populateFontDatabase(void)" (?populateFontDatabase@QFreeTypeFontDatabase@@UEAAXXZ)
    qwindowsd.lib(qwindowsintegration.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual class QFontEngine * __cdecl QFreeTypeFontDatabase::fontEngine(struct QFontDef const &,void *)" (?fontEngine@QFreeTypeFontDatabase@@UEAAPEAVQFontEngine@@AEBUQFontDef@@PEAX@Z)
    and more........ (seems like I'm not allowed to post the whole thing)

those errors are getting out of control and i would need some help

thanks
    slei~

• #include <QApplication>
    #include <QPushButton>

#include <QtPlugin>
    Q_IMPORT_PLUGIN (QWindowsIntegrationPlugin);

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
    {
     QApplication app (argc, argv);

QPushButton button ("Hello world !");
     button.show();

return app.exec();
    }

I've also added the plugin stuff on top of the test app.

• I've know just added all libraries from the lib folder, without knowing wich one i need, since it was extremely painful to track down the correct libs.
    I somehow can't really believe this is so complicated to link those libs especially there isn't really a tutorial/list for which libs are required for a simple qt app, or is just much easier with qmake instead of cmake?

anyway it works now.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.