Cyrillic characters displaying as garbage in compiler log
I have installed qt 5.10.1 community, and tried to compile some project. My environment is russian and using cyrillic. I have some errors in this project and they displays like that:
I have tried a fix, to use a bat file instead of jom with this code:
chcp 1251 > nul C:\Qt\Qt5.10.1\Tools\QtCreator\bin\jom.exe %*
But this way i get no output at all. Can someone help, is there any fix beoynd messing with jom.exe ??
Hi @BeefTaco, and welcome to the forum.
Your problem is unfortunately long-known: QTCREATORBUG-316.
But some work has been done for the upcoming version 4.7, so you might want to test a snapshot: http://download.qt.io/snapshots/qtcreator/4.7
Please note that 4.7 is still in an early state, the beta is expected end of May. But maybe you can give the developers some feedback already.
Thanks for reply. I just tried to install qtcreator4.7. Now i have half of errors in garbage, but at least half displays in english, so i guess its better anyways....
I also tried to check the parameter "Force english msvc compiler output" same behaviour i get, half in garbage but at least half in english
I just remembered that there is another patch in the pipeline: https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/227744
I'd recommend you to try a snapshot one day after this patch has been merged. If your problem then still exists, you should create a new bug report.